Fall in Freiburg

Hello to all - Fall has started in Freiburg. The weather has gotten cooler and we are enjoying getting out our sweaters and warm socks - especially Brody. We have realized that we did not really have any good Fall clothes for Abby. She seems to ruin all of her clothes so now we have purchased newer clothes for her to destroy. I have to step up my game as women of all ages dress really well here. I usually dress Abby for comfort and destruction but I may need to re-think my plan...

We had a great start to October with our visitors and now we are preparing for a Trip to France (monkey park and castle) and a fun German style Halloween. We are not sure on the German Halloween events but the kids both have costumes that we brought from home so we should be set... As you will see from the pictures on the below right we had a package from Aunt Jami that forced us all to be spooky creative and it was so much fun. Abby had more glue on her hands and the table than on her Halloween bag...

We also went to the ACTION DAY on the neighborhood of Vauban in Freiburg with some friends and the kids loved it - they made fresh apple juice and sampled some... We carved pumpkins (really Nancy carved them - control freak) and even were able to see some animals.

We have less than 4 weeks until we are back in the States for Thanksgiving and then we will be back here for the winter holiday season, spring and then back sometime next Summer. We are excited to come home and see everyone. Brad will be able to see a few Michigan games and maybe do some hunting. I am planning just to hang out and do some relaxing with family and friends.

The kids are doing so well in school - I sometimes wonder what is going on in their little heads but what I have learned here is that Abby and Brody are happy and content wherever momma and daddy are - it is a special feeling...

We had an experience a few weeks ago where the buses and tram workers went on strike. The kids missed school as that is Brad's only way to get them to school. I guess he could walk but the day the workers wet on strike it was also raining... The group is going on strike again this week so I have to take and pick up the kids (which I love) and Brody asked why the people that drive the buses and trams are not working - how fun to explain a strike to a 4 year old. Abby was not to concerned about the reasons for the strike she was happy she could go to school... She really seems to love it.

We will update the blog with our pictures from our adventure to France - Guten Abend (good eveing).

Love to all,
Brad and Nancy

No comments: