A lazy weekend around Freiburg, First day at school, a trip to a zoo in Basel Switzerland

A lazy weekend around Freiburg, first day at school, a trip to a zoo in Basel Switzerland - what a way to start of the first 2 weeks of September. We hung around Freiburg the weekend of September 3-4th and the kids seemed to enjoy walking downtown to the markets, playing outside and getting ice cream. It was a nice relaxing weekend. We used the time to get the kids their last minute school supplies... They started at school September 8th and it went really well. Abby just waved when we left and Brody looked a little sad but that seems to be how he is whenever I have dropped him off in the past at his old school so it was standard...His teacher said that he did well all day.

This weekend we started off with a trip to the zoo in Basel - it was a nice zoo with a good mix of animals. The kids enjoyed running around and Brad I drove in downtown Basel which is a tough town to drive in so we felt pretty proud.

Sunday will be filled with relaxing (it is supposed to rain) and baking. I want to practice making chocolate cupcakes for Abby's birthday (Sept 26th). I think I have all the ingredients I just need to see if I can bake them well here....

Next week Friday we leave for a trip to Bonn (former capital of Germany), Koln, Dusseldorf and Essen (I have a work meeting here on the 20th) -- so we are making it a family road trip. Essen is about 4 hours north so we are going to make some stops along the way to see some great cities in Germany.

Love to all,
Nancy

No comments: